What Is an IT Support Business?
Did you know that over 90% of companies outsource IT services? Choosing an IT support business is one of the most crucial business decisions you can make. With the complexity today’s technology brings, it’s best to call in specialists when experiencing IT issues — rather than someone who’s simply familiar with computers. You need a go-to person, and that “person” is an outsourced IT support service.
So, what is an IT support business, and what specialized services do they provide that make them essential to your organization? In this guide, we discuss what IT support services do, how you can benefit from them and how to know when you should use one.
IT Support Business: Defined
An IT support business includes a team of various IT support specialists and security experts who act as an extension of your team. Along with ensuring that your technology is functioning efficiently, they offer high-grade operational strategies and maintain the security of your work devices. Additionally, their services may include guiding employees through equipment installation, setup and configuration.
An IT support company can be one of the most important contributing factors to how well your business functions and its ability to maintain its revenue. Primarily, IT services are there to support you and step in when you face potential cyber threats and help prevent incidents like these from occurring in the first place.
What Does an IT Support Business Do?
More specifically, IT support services offer support to businesses with computers, mobile devices, cloud services, email, cybersecurity, servers, telecommunications and software. IT services can be a great asset to you, whether you need them for the sales team managing calls or computers required for day-to-day business operations.
If you have or plan to incorporate more technology into your company, an IT support business can usually help you by offering the following services:
- Hardware and software support: IT services can support organizations in helping them maintain their technology. IT businesses know exactly which hardware and software will suit your business, which ones will handle your needs well and whether certain options suit your budget.
- Cybersecurity: An excellent IT company will offer organizations various security measures, such as phishing and cybersecurity assessments, vulnerability scanning, disaster recovery and business continuity, HIPAA compliance audits, and so much more to ensure the protection of your network.
- Technology implementation and management: An IT support business will handle updating and monitoring your network technology to ensure the infrastructure stays reliable for users.
- Cloud services: Many IT services set up cloud computing so businesses can store and access their business data in one place and on any device to improve work efficiency.
- 24/7 remote support: Alongside being able to call IT support at any time when you experience tech issues ensures you address problems immediately, helping you avoid costly downtime and other effects. This is ideal for businesses that operate around the clock, such as those in the healthcare industry.
- Software development: If you plan to create software down the line, some IT support businesses have teams qualified to help you develop unique software to meet your business needs.
Importance of IT Support Services
As the use of technology grows, so does the chance of cyber threats. Statistics show that close to 40% of small businesses in the United States have experienced a cyber attack, and only 14% of small businesses are ready to handle these breaches. Some services IT support businesses offer include increased protection from phishing, adware and password hacking.
On top of this, many companies use various software and hardware to improve their business operations and deliver the best service possible. Companies need IT professionals to manage these systems and maintain their ability to keep up with the workload.
Aside from cybersecurity assistance and software and hardware management, some benefits of leveraging help from an IT support business include:
- Reduced costs: One of the many reasons organizations outsource IT services is the reduced costs. Businesses can access a fully trained IT team from an IT support business without the cost of onboarding and training these professionals.
- Higher skill levels: IT support companies also employ teams with high skill levels and various training, so clients can rely on them for their various IT needs.
- Higher-level equipment: IT businesses already provide their IT professionals with all the equipment and software they need to perform their jobs effectively.
- Monitoring and analytics: IT support services can help companies see how effective their operations are so they can implement helpful solutions.
- Increased productivity: IT professionals can help companies streamline their system processes and even improve the quality and speed of software to enhance productivity.
Should You Use IT Support Services?
All organizations are different and have specific needs they’d like IT support businesses to fulfill. Below are a few considerations you can take into account to understand whether a third-party solution will be valuable to you. If any of the situations below apply to your company, contacting an IT support business might be an ideal choice.
- You often experience malware attacks, intrusions and network disruptions.
- You want remote and mobile devices to connect with the company network.
- You want the resources and expertise to help you streamline processes so your employees can complete projects.
- You want data protection and recovery in case malware intrusions occur.
- You want your customer support models to work more efficiently on high-volume days.
- You need easier processes for executing tasks within the business.
- You need new, high-quality hardware and software to meet the needs of an evolving industry.
Boost Your Business With Reliable IT Support Services
Leveraging an IT support business is a great way to renew your organization’s efficiency, maintain data safety and help improve the quality of your services. At Prelude Service, we understand the importance of this. That’s why we offer reliable IT support, security and management services to keep healthcare companies in the U.S. secure.
Our experienced IT professionals support over 700 senior living facilities, nonprofit organizations and healthcare services that need protection assistance in more than 40 states. We invite you to contact us at Prelude Services today if you need the personnel and software to improve business operations.
CONTACT PRELUDE SERVICES FOR 24/7 IT SUPPORT
Technology has become a crucial part of the modern business experience. Without functional computers and mobile phones, many business practices would grind to a halt. Unfortunately, breakdowns and malfunctions are an inevitable part of any machine, meaning businesses do grind to a halt until the issues are fixed. In order to keep your business running, it's crucial to have access to IT support when you experience technical difficulties.
If you're a healthcare company, long-term care provider, or small business in need of IT support at all hours, consider Prelude Services. We're a SSAE SOC
Compliant business dedicated to improving your security and functionality. We offer specific IT services for senior living care, nursing homes, retirement home services and assisted living, including 24/7 IT support. If you want to know how Prelude can help you, contact us today!