Moving Your Senior Living Facility or Nursing Home to the Cloud
Senior living facilities deal with a lot of data at any time, and it's essential to manage it well. With cloud solutions, your nursing home can gain flexibility, protect sensitive information and save money on hardware. When you approach the transition to the cloud with the right concepts in mind, you can find a solution that fits your business.
The Benefits of Moving to the Cloud
Many companies find themselves moving to the cloud for its many benefits. Advantages include:
- Accessibility: You can access cloud applications, files and more from any internet-connected device. Improve your data access across all device types, including smartphones and tablets.
- Flexibility: The cloud uses all the available applications and features to scale with your business. As your needs change, you can modify your solutions to suit your facility.
- Automation: Having automatic updates is standard among cloud applications, so you'll have the fastest, most secure version available.
- Cost-savings: Cloud computing reduces the need for hardware at your facility so that you can save on cables, hard drives and more.
- Security: With all of your data moved offsite, stolen computers or laptops won't compromise any sensitive information.
3 Tips for Moving to the Cloud
Moving to the cloud can be a simple task with the right approach. If you keep these tips in mind, you can easily transition to the cloud and enjoy its many benefits.
1. Know What You Need
There are many far-reaching ways cloud infrastructure can support a nursing home. You can use the cloud to store data, share files and create entire desktops. There are also cloud-based backup plans to help you recover lost data.
When you look into cloud infrastructure, make sure you understand your priorities. Maybe you start with data storage to get files transferred to a single, accessible location to start. Perhaps you're looking for a complete cloud desktop solution. Discuss your options with your service provider to find the right match for your needs.
2. Prioritize Security
The data you handle at a senior living facility is sensitive information, and it's essential to keep it secure. When you choose your cloud solution, make sure to look into the security in place to encrypt and protect your data. You can also look into additional protective abilities like password-locked file folders and admin-only access.
3. Look for Training and Support
If you and your team are unfamiliar with the cloud, it's helpful to work with a provider who offers ongoing support. If you have any questions about how to use your applications or troubleshoot problems, a point of contact is valuable. Added training can help you overcome any challenges of moving to the cloud, so you can implement the cloud across your organization and get everyone on the same page.
Move to the Cloud With Prelude Services
At Prelude Services, we specialize in IT for healthcare providers like nursing homes. Our team supports private and public cloud solutions through our fully redundant data centers and hosting capabilities. With annual auditing against the SSAE SOC 2 standards, we confirm the security, availability, processing integrity and confidentiality necessary for your senior living community.
If you're ready to transition to the cloud, our cloud computing support can help you meet your goals. Get in touch today to learn more about our services.