Retirement Housing Foundation
Case Study by Prelude Services
Retirement Housing Foundation Objectives:
- Upgrade IT infrastructure
- Increase 24x7 IT support
- Increase ability to fully implement EHR
- Ensure HIPAA compliance
- Implement a disaster recovery plan
- Partnered with RHF to manage IT
- Implemented critical upgrades to systems, hardware and IT infrastructure which enabled RHF to transition to electronic health records
- Integrated 24x7 Service Desk for IT support
- Developed a disaster recovery plan and increased the level of network security
Retirement Housing Foundation (RHF) is one of the largest non-profit providers of housing and healthcare services for seniors, the disabled and low-income families. There are over 20,500 RHF residents living in 185 communities across the United States. In 2015, they realized the need to improve their IT support in order to maintain the quality of services they provide. Upgrades to IT infrastructure, systems, and security services were necessary.
RHF determined they should consider outsourcing and hired Prelude to become a part of their team to keep up with the pace of their growth. The first phase of Prelude’s IT plan was to manage all IT responsibilities. IT infrastructure, software and systems were evaluated and a conversion plan was put in place to upgrade all IT systems and support. This included upgrades to the Data Center, servers, workstations, wireless access, desktops, printers and software.
Prelude completed all critical upgrades within a few months enabling RHF to fully transition to electronic health records. RHF and their employees gained access to Prelude’s 24x7 Service Desk. They no longer had to wait for weekday business hours to troubleshoot issues. They now rely on Prelude’s 24x7 IT support for software applications, desktop, hardware, kiosks, mobile devices and more.